Saturday, February 23, 2008

As the doggie barks

I want a dog.
"Why?" asked my boyfriend of two years.
"Because" isn't a good enough answer. I've had a dog always, since I was a little kid. Now that I've been living on my own for a few years, I miss it. I miss the companionship, the loyalty of a pet, and the feeling of being wanted. Even though that might not make a lick of sense to some, its the only way I can express my 'want' in words. Of course, this morning, over breakfast, boyfriend makes a great point: The dog might always be there for me, but will Leesmo always be there for the dog?
Good question. I want to. I also want to go on trips this summer with said boyfriend. Plus, I enjoy snuggling up to him at night, and he has made it clear that the barker won't be allowed in the crib, so to write.
Ahhh...as much as I want one, I know if I get a doogie today, my love will send me home nightly, for I have a new responsibility. Do you think he would ever let the doggie stay too? I don't think so. No matter how good I train her. (I already know I want a her).

No comments: